From the article: How to Cook Chicken
Do you have a favorite chicken recipe that you prepare again and again? Share your favorite way of cooking chicken, or get tips and ideas from other readers. Share your chicken faves!
chicken my way
- Baked in the oven on a bed on sliced onions. Seasoned with a small amount of kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, and garlic powder. Half way through covered with cream of mushroom soup. I love the mixture of the flavours and the different textures of the chicken and mushrooms.
Effortless Chicken Stew
- This one's quick and so easy. Chicken cut in large pieces, tomato sauce, tomato puree, mustard, worcestershire sauce, malt vinegar, soy sauce, bbq sauce, oil, salt & a little sugar, water. Place all ingredients with chicken in a covered pan and cook on medium heat on stove top till chicken is tender. Gravy should be saucy and thick. Use ingredients in proportion and as per taste. Serve with potato and cabbage hash, spinach pesto and crusty bread. Other combinations can be tried. out. Stew is ready to eat in 15-20 mins.
- —Guest Joey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oven-proof skillet (iron is best) on stove top. Season skinless breasts with salt and pepper. Place in hot skillet. Brown the chicken breasts in either butter or canola oil. Brown each side 2 to 3 minutes. Flavor with garlic powder and possibly onion powder and a hint of paprika on the presentation side. After browning, put skillet in oven for 25 minutes. Removes from oven. Take breasts out of skillet and place on plates. De-glaze with white wine. Stir skillet to get all of "fond" off skillet. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of butter. Stir until melted. Pour over chicken breasts.
- —Guest Richard M Bash
- Left over sliced chicken on corn bread slices,sprinkled with shredded cheddar browned under broiler, then melt whole cranberry sauce and drizzle over top.
- —Guest Cindy O'Meara
- Cut chicken to reasonable sizes, and put them in a clean pot. Add seasonings:curry,thyme and onions. Then cover it to boil for 30 minutes. Remove the chicken and fry in a deep fryer. Blend red pepper, onions, tomatoes and pour the mixture in a seperate pot. Add the broth from the parboiled chicken and add the vegetable fat gotten after frying. Add "Knorr" seasoning, tomato sauce and salt to taste. Cook for 15 minutes. Add the fried chicken one after the other into the stew and cover. Boil it at a very low tempeature for 15 minutes. When it is done you can eat it with boiled rice, boiled yam. It can be eaten at anytime of the day.
- —Guest Folashade Olateru
How to cook chicken
- Cut chicken breast into reasonable sizes,put in a cooking pot,season with sait,garlic,ginger,maggie seasonning,onion and a little cup of water, cover to boil for twenty minutes .give it a deep frying with vegetable oil,remove from fryer, blend red and green pepper,tomatoes plus onions put them together and cook for 40 to 50minutes,put brought from the chicken you boil,add vegetable oil from fryer,put salt,maggie cubesource and tin tomatoes source,cover to cook,add the fried chicken one after the other, cover cooking pot for 15minutes at a very low temperature,eat with boil yam,boilrice or whitebread, this is called chicken stew in my country, it can be eaten at any time of the day
- —Guest folashade olateru
How to fry chicken
- slice chicken,season with flavours including salt, parboil chicken for some minutes depend on the quantity and size,heat oil in sauce pan, drop chicken and fry, turn for every part to fry, remove if it turns golden. remove serve with tomatoes sauce,boiled white rice or fried rice and cool it down with chill fruit juice.
- —Guest folashade olateru
Grilled on an indoor grill
- I love this list of chicken recipes and the chance to add mine. I like to marinate my boneless, skinless chicken breasts in sesame dressing and then grill them on my indoor grill. Yes, it's a George Foreman, but any brand will do! :) They come out moist and juicy, and I always make extra to use in a main-course chicken salad the next day.
Easy Chicken Taco meat
- I boil my chicken breast in water with taco seasoning and chicken boullion. One or two breast, just a couple cups of water, not too much and about 1/3 pack of seasoning and a teaspoon or so of boullion. Boil for about 20 mins...remove chicken, chop up and ..done! I also use the same mix for chicken soup, add more of everything according to how much you want....add veggies! Yum!
Favorite Way to Prepare Chicken
- I use garlic/parsley salt for my fried chicken. My chicken is the best tasting fried cheicken ever.
- —Guest Deb
- Pan seared (skin side) bone in thighs, flip & finished in the oven. Quick pan sauce. Serve: Sauce rice, couscous etc. top w/ chicken, crispy skin side up. Serve w/ salad or roast a veg while chicken finishes. Vary sauce and or starch to add variety. Delicious, cheap, fast, one pan!
- —Guest Jeff Grundman
Chicken tenderloins sauteed
- I saute chicken tenderloins with celery, banana pepper, red, yellow, and green bell pepper then add cream of mushroom soup and serve over rice. It reminds me of chicken a la king.
- —Guest latoya
cooking chicken breast - 2 half breasts
- Two thawed half chicken breasts. Skin removed and boneless. 3 Quart sauce pot 2/3 full lightly salted water. Bring to full rolling boil. Put breasts in water until water stops boiling. Remove from water back to plate. Bring again to full rolling boil. Put breasts again in water, cover pot and turn off heat. Leave in pot for 1 hour, remove and cool on plate for about 15 minutes, then refrigerate. After several hours in fridge wrap chicken in tin foil. Bring Water back to full boil and then cooled and then frozen for the next time. You get two moist breast halves and chicken stock over time.
- —Guest John Irwin