From the article: How to Make Perfect Bacon
Bacon is one of the most popular foods — and with good reason: it tastes great! Whether it's in salads, on sandwiches or just straight out of the pan, bacon can be used in countless different ways. How Do You Use Bacon?
Chocolate chip cookies
- Add crumbled thick cut crisped bacon chunks to your chocolate chip cookie to give them a savory aspect. Add a little cayenne to give the cookies a little kick.
PB & Bacon Plus
- On some buttered, toasted English muffins, spread a small amount of a Maple Spread. Then spread some crunchy peanut butter and finally top with a piece of bacon, cut into 2 or more pieces. Substitute honey for maple spread if desperate.
- —Guest Bob Drew
- I cook a pound of hardwood smoked bacon, then break it into chunks. I add the bacon to 2 jars of Prego bacon & provolone sauce and heat while a pound of macaroni is cooking. The bacon and provolone give the sauce a zing and everybody loves it.
- —Guest Dan
- 1/4 C. Light brown sugar Dash or two - Cayanne pepper 1/8 t. - Black pepper 8 half-strips - Thick cut bacon Mix dry ingredience, coat bacon (press the mixture on bacon to ensure a good coating) Bake at 375 degrees until crispy...approximately 20 mins. So easy...Soooo good!!!
- —Guest Lea E.
PNut Butter, Bacon & Banana Sandwich!
- Toast 2 slices of wheat bread. Right after it pops up, top each slice with some creamy pnut butter. Then top that w/slices of crispy bacon and sliced bananas. Crispy, creamy, salty, smokey oh so goooood!!
- —Guest Elise
- Take a couple of slices of cooked bacon (not too crisp) and top off a maple iced long John doughnut...OR...when cooking the infamous Texas chocolate sheet cake, crumble cooked bacon on top of the icing immediately after frosting the cake (when the icing is still slightly warm soft)
- —Guest elizabethann
Summer veggie salad
- Chop broccoli, cauliflower and green onions. Mix with Ranch Dressing and refrigerate. Before serving sprinkle with crumbled bacon. This is a great accompaniment at a summer barbeque.
- —Guest Paula
- Bake your bake, crumble. Mix a dozen eggs and a handful of she added cheese. Add bacon crumbles and bake at 350 for 30-45 mins. Super yummy and super easy!
- —Guest mama o 4
- Use the grease of 1lb of Bacon as the drippings in your gravy. Then dice the bacon into small pieces and add it to the gravy in the final stages.
- —Guest Carnivore
- Put extra thick crisp bacon strips in your hot fudge sundae. The combination is out of this world.
- —Guest NanaM
bacon potato pie.
- i line a pie plate with bacon, and layer thinly sliced potatoes, cheddar cheese and seasonings back and forth, close the bacon on top and bake at 350 for about an hour and a half, check every half hour to make sure there isnt too much grease. then slice like pie and serve. simply amazing.
Bacon wrapped hot dogs
- with ketchup on a bun. Assemble all cooked separately
- —Guest Late again
bacon and cheeseburgers
- Fry 1 pound bacon, crumble. Fry 2 onions till transparent, add two lbs grated extra old cheese, melt in with onions. Add crumbled bacon and two heaping Tbsp ketchup, stir well. Fill hamburger buns with as much as you want. Place buns on cookie sheet, cover with tinfoil. Cook 15 min in 350 oven. ake 350 for 15 min(cover with tinfoil heaing TBSP ketchup
- —Guest angela
- wrap a little smokie sausage with 1/2 bacon slice. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake in oven until bacon is done. enjoy
- —Guest guest Paula
- We weaved bacon, it was allot better, first you lay 4 bacon strips side by side. Then lift the 1st and the 3rd then put one piece if bacon under those 2 then repeat, unti there's no space left, the. Cook on 375 untill crispy or what ever you like. 8)
- —Guest Paul
1-15 of 31Next