Mornay Sauce RecipeThe Mornay Sauce is a classic cheese sauce made by enriching a standard Béchamel sauce with Gruyère and Parmesan cheese.
The Mornay Sauce is an ideal accompaniment for eggs, vegetables, pasta or fish.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pint Béchamel sauce
- 2 oz. grated Gruyère cheese
- 2 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup whole milk, hot
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the Béchamel to a simmer.
- Add the Gruyère and Parmesan cheeses and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat, stir in the butter and adjust consistency with the hot milk if necessary. Serve right away.