Cheddar Cheese Sauce RecipeThe Cheddar Cheese Sauce is a classic cheese sauce for vegetables made by enriching a standard Béchamel sauce with cheddar cheese, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
The Cheddar Cheese Sauce is an ideal accompaniment for vegetables, pasta or fish.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 quart Béchamel sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup whole milk, hot
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the Béchamel to a simmer.
- Add the cheddar cheese and mustard powder and stir until the cheese has melted. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce.
- Remove from heat and adjust consistency with the hot milk if necessary. Serve right away.