Gremolata is a condiment made from finely minced parsley, garlic and lemon zest. Traditionally served with veal, it is also an excellent accompaniment for fish and seafood dishes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 lemon
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Wash and thoroughly dry the parsley.
- Remove the leaves and finely mince until you have about 2 tablespoons worth.
- Finely mince the garlic.
- Use a lemon zester to remove about 1 teaspoon of lemon zest.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and season to taste with Kosher salt and black pepper. You can pound the ingredients together with a mortal and pestle or just use the back of a spoon or the bottom of a glass.
Makes about 3 tablespoons, or enough to garnish 6 servings of fish or veal.