Horseradish Sauce RecipeHorseradish sauce is a classic accompaniment for roast beef dishes like prime rib. Creamy and tangy, and with plenty of horseradish bite, this sauce is easy to make and a great way to make a perfect roast beef even better. It's also a nice topping for roast beef canapés and hors d'oeuvres.
This recipe calls for ¼ cup of prepared horseradish, but you can use more if you like a bit more heat.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Refrigeration time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 5 minutes
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup prepared horseradish
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a glass bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours to let the flavors come together. About 15 minutes before you want to serve it you can take it out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature, just so it isn't ice cold.