White Bean Salad RecipeThis tasty white bean salad is a perfect summertime dish. It's easy to make, great for picnics and cookouts and it's also a nice sandwich accompaniment.
This recipe is a great one to play around with. If you don't have artichoke hearts, try substituting cooked zucchini. No pimientos? Try diced cherry tomatoes. And for a really delicious variation, add some cooked diced bacon.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 15-oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 12-oz. jar artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 Tbsp diced pimientos
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Combine the beans, artichoke hearts and pimientos in a glass bowl. Add the oil, vinegar and parsley, and toss gently until everything is evenly coated.
- Season to taste with the salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving.