Watermelon Salad Recipe
This watermelon salad recipe is cool and refreshing, combining fresh mint and crumbled feta cheese in a simple balsamic vinaigrette. It's a perfect first course for a light, summer dinner.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- ½ medium watermelon
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 handful baby greens
- Slice the watermelon and remove the rind, trimming away the pale flesh adjacent to the rind, leaving only the sweet, bright red flesh.
- Cut the watermelon into large dice, or approximately ¾-inch cubes.
- Arrange the watermelon cubes on chilled plates.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta, baby greens and mint leaves.
- In a glass bowl, combine the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and whisk until combined.
- Drizzle the salad with the vinaigrette and serve right away.
Makes about 6 servings.