Jicama and Corn Salad
This refreshing jicama and corn salad features toasted pine nuts and fresh mint for a cool, crunchy, delicious taste. A simple vinaigrette
pulls it all together. To spice things up just a little, some Thai chili sauce provides sweetness and an added kick.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium jicama
- 2 ears corn
- ½ cup raw pine nuts
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp sweet Thai chili sauce (optional)
- ¼ cup prepared vinaigrette
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Toast the pine nuts on a shallow baking sheet for 4-5 minutes or until they are just lightly browned. Transfer them from the pan to a plate right away and set aside to cool.
- Peel the jicama and cut it into short allumette pieces — about 1-1½ inches long and ¼ inch wide.
- Remove the corn husks and slice the kernels off with a knife. Combine the jicama pieces, the corn and the onion in a large bowl. Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes or until chilled.
- Add the chopped mint, toasted pine nuts and optional Thai sweet chili sauce. Season to taste with Kosher salt.
- Toss with vinaigrette until lightly coated and serve atop a bed of baby greens on chilled plates.
Makes 8 appetizer servings.