Blue Cheese Dressing RecipeOne of the most popular of the mayonnaise-based salad dressings, Blue Cheese dressing is easy to make. It's fantastic on a chilled wedge of iceberg lettuce, and it makes a great dip, too!
You could use mayonnaise from a jar in this recipe — but if you wanted that straight-from-a-jar taste, you wouldn't be reading this recipe, you'd just buy a jar of blue cheese dressing and call it a day! But if you really want the full effect, why not try making your own mayonnaise?
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ lb crumbled blue cheese
- ¼-½ cup heavy cream
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a glass bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and cheese.
- Adjust thickness by stirring in some of the cream. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Chill.
- Store unused portion in the refrigerator, where it should keep for a day or two.