Grilled Polenta RecipePreparing polenta on the grill adds another dimension, giving it a wonderful crispy exterior that somehow makes the creamy, buttery interior even more heavenly.
For grilled polenta, we simply prepare a batch of regular polenta, let it cool in a loaf pan, then slice and grill it.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups cooked polenta
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare one batch of creamy polenta.
- Pour warm polenta into a glass loaf pan. Smooth the top, cover and refrigerate until set, a few hours or up to overnight.
- Turn the polenta onto a cutting board. It should be completely molded into the shape of your loaf pan. Cut into ½-inch slices and brush each one with olive oil on both sides.
- Heat a grill pan until it is quite hot. If using a gas grill, which is likely to get much hotter than a grill pan, a medium-high setting should be enough.
- Place each slice diagonally across the grill and let it cook for about 10 minutes or until dark-brown grill marks appear. Don't move the polenta around, though, or you'll disturb the browning process. Also, don't overcrowd the pan. Work in batches if necessary.
- Flip and grill the other side until grill marks appear, about another 10 minutes. Serve hot.