Home Fries Recipe
This recipe for home fries features red potatoes, onions, and red and green bell peppers. I like to leave the skins on the potatoes to give the home fries a little bit of color and texture.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 4 large red potatoes, cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into ½-inch dice
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or other heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat.
- Melt the butter, then add the onion and garlic and sauté until slightly translucent, about 2 minutes;
- Add the diced red and green peppers and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add the potatoes and cook, stirring frequently, for another 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and lightly browned.
- Season to taste with paprika and Kosher salt.
Makes about 4 generous portions of home fries.