Hash Brown Potatoes Recipe
This simple recipe for hashed brown potatoes (or hash browns) is made from shredded potatoes that are cooked in hot butter and oil until crispy. They can be prepared on a griddle or a skillet.
- 2 lbs Russet potatoes, boiled, cooled and peeled
- 2 oz. oil or clarified butter (or a mixture of the two)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Use the grater attachment of a food processor or a hand grater to shred the cooked potatoes.
- Heat the griddle or skillet over high heat and add the oil and/or clarified butter.
- Add the shredded potatoes and flatten them against the griddle or skillet.
- When they are browned on the bottom, flip over and brown the other side until very crispy. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Makes 4 generous servings.