Gorgonzola Sauce RecipeGorgonzola sauce is amazing served with pasta, gnocchi or even grilled steak. This Gorgonzola sauce recipe is made with cream, Gorgonzola cheese, white wine and chicken stock. You could substitute vegetable stock to make it vegetarian.
This Gorgonzola sauce is best made with aged Gorgonzola, which is drier and more crumbly than the younger kind, which is wetter and not as flavorful.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 4 oz. crumbly Gorgonzola cheese (about 1 cup)
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Grated nutmeg to taste
- In a large sauté pan, heat the cream, wine and stock over medium-high heat until it starts to bubble. Lower heat and simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by about one third.
- Add the Gorgonzola and Parmesan and stir until the Gorgonzola has melted and the cheeses are fully blended. Adjust consistency with additional cream if necessary.
- Season to taste with Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and freshly grated nutmeg. Go easy on the nutmeg, though, as too much can be overpowering. Serve right away.