Herbed Vinaigrette RecipeThis herbed vinaigrette recipe is another easy variation on the basic vinaigrette formula. It can be prepared with any one of a number of dried herbs including thyme, marjoram, basil, chives or tarragon. Or, try using ½ tsp of Herbes de Provence.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- ¾ cup salad oil (see note)
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ tsp dried herbs (any one of either thyme, marjoram, basil, chives or tarragon)
- Kosher salt and ground white pepper (or freshly ground black pepper), to taste
- Combine the mustard and vinegar in a glass or stainless steel bowl and whisk them together briefly.
- Place the mustard-vinegar mixture along with the oil, herbs and seasonings in a blender and mix for about 10 seconds or until fully combined.
- Transfer to a glass bowl and let stand for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld. Give the dressing a good whisk immediately before serving.
NOTE: Any oil labeled "vegetable oil" or "salad oil" is fine for this basic recipe. You can also use any light, neutral-flavored oil like safflower, canola or soybean oil.