Asian Vinaigrette RecipeThis Asian vinaigrette recipe is another easy variation on the basic vinaigrette formula. It's made with rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and fresh ginger.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1½ Tbsp. soy sauce
- ¾ cup salad oil (see note)
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- ½ Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- Dash of Sriracha chili sauce (i.e. "Rooster" sauce)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a glass or stainless steel bowl and whisk them together thoroughly. Or, mix the ingredients in a blender for about 10 seconds or until fully combined.
- Transfer to a glass bowl and let stand for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld. Give the dressing a good whisk immediately before serving.
NOTE: Any oil labeled "vegetable oil" or "salad oil" is fine for this basic recipe. You can also use any light, neutral-flavored oil like safflower, canola or soybean oil.