Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
This classic balsamic vinaigrette is perfect for even the most basic green salad. For a special treat, try it with a simple salad of sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil leaves.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp minced fresh herbs (e.g. parsley, chives, tarragon)
- Kosher salt and ground white pepper (or freshly ground black pepper), to taste
- Combine the mustard, vinegars and fresh herbs in a glass bowl and whisk them together briefly.
- Slowly whisk in the oil until fully combined.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld. Give the dressing a good whisk immediately before serving.
Makes 1 cup of balsamic vinaigrette.