Baked Cod with Beurre Blanc SauceThis elegant combination of a basic white fish like cod with a simple butter-based sauce is a starting point for any number of variations. Try it with swordfish, snapper, flounder or any fish with a relatively high fat content, as lean fish are more prone to dry out when baked.
Here's the recipe for the beurre blanc sauce.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 6 6-oz cod fillets
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (the juice of about ½ lemon)
- 2 oz unsalted butter (½ stick), melted
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 cup beurre blanc sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange cod fillets, skin-down, on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat.
- With a pastry brush or even a paper towel, brush the fillets with lemon juice and then melted butter.
- Season with Kosher salt and with a pinch of white pepper -- about the amount of pepper you can pick up between your thumb and forefinger.
- Bake until the fish is opaque and is just beginning to flake, 10-15 minutes or so, brushing once with more melted butter about halfway through the cooking.
- Serve topped with hot beurre blanc sauce.
More Fish & Seafood Recipes:
- Sautéed Tilapia with Bacon
- Broiled Halibut with Sesame & Ginger
- Sautéed Black Bass Recipe with Compound Butter