Easy Pancakes RecipeThis basic pancakes recipe takes very little time to make. Plus, once you make up the batter, you can hold it in the refrigerator for several hours.
Also see: Buttermilk Pancakes and Blueberry Pancakes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 grams)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 Tbsp melted butter (plus more butter for cooking)
- Pre-heat your griddle to 375° or heat a nonstick sauté pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Beat eggs thoroughly. Add the eggs, melted butter and half the milk to the dry ingredients and mix gently until combined. Now stir in the remaining milk until the batter is the desired consistency. Don't overmix!
- Melt butter on the griddle or pan. It should foam and sizzle.
- For each pancake, ladle ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle or pan.
- Cook until the tops of the pancakes are full of bubbles and the bottoms are golden brown.
- Flip the pancakes and cook until the tops are golden brown, then either serve right away or transfer to the oven to keep warm.