Buttermilk Pancakes RecipeThese buttermilk pancakes have a bit more tang than ordinary pancakes. You could also substitute sour cream for the buttermilk. Either way, the batter may be a bit thick, so you can thin it with whole milk to achieve the desired consistency. Also see this recipe for Classic Pancakes. You might also like these Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes.
Also see: How to Make Buttermilk
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 grams)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk (well shaken)
- 2 Tbsp melted butter (plus more butter for cooking)
- Pre-heat your griddle to 375° or heat a nonstick sauté pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Beat eggs thoroughly. Add the eggs, melted butter and the buttermilk to the dry ingredients and mix gently until combined. Thin the batter with a little bit of whole milk if necessary, but don't overmix!
- Melt butter on the griddle or pan. It should foam and sizzle.
- For each pancake, ladle ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle or pan.
- Cook until the tops of the pancakes are full of bubbles and the bottoms are golden brown.
- Flip the pancakes and cook until the tops are golden brown, then either serve right away or transfer to the oven to keep warm.