Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
Blueberry pancakes are one of my favorite breakfast recipes. Whenever blueberries are on sale, I always grab a bunch for making blueberry pancakes. This recipe will make about 12 blueberry pancakes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (260 grams)
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Tbsp melted butter (plus more butter for cooking)
- Pre-heat your griddle to 375° or heat a nonstick sauté pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Beat the eggs thoroughly. Combine the milk and melted butter, and add it to the beaten egg. Then add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix gently until combined. Thin the batter with a little additional milk if necessary, but don't overmix!
- Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Melt butter on the griddle or pan. It should foam and sizzle.
- For each pancake, ladle ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle or pan.
- Cook until the tops of the pancakes are full of bubbles and the bottoms are golden brown.
- Flip the pancakes and cook until the tops are golden brown, then either serve right away or transfer to the oven to keep warm.
- Top with additional fresh blueberries if desired.
Makes about 12 blueberry pancakes.