Baked Chicken RecipeBaked chicken is different from roasted chicken in two ways. First, baked chicken is prepared with chicken parts (i.e., individual drumsticks, thighs, breasts and wings) whereas roasted chicken is cooked whole. Second, baked chicken is dredged in seasoned flour before cooking, which we don't do when roasting a whole bird.
Here's a quick video that shows you how to cut up a whole chicken.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1 large fryer chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 stick butter, melted
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper and other seasonings in a shallow dish.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- Working one piece at a time, dredge each piece of chicken in the flour, dip it in the melted butter and then transfer to a baking dish skin-side-up.
- Bake for about an hour or until the juices run clear and the chicken is nicely browned and cooked all the way through.