Simple Syrup Recipe
Simple syrup is a solution of equal parts (by weight) sugar and water. It can be used to sweeten and add moisture to cakes and other desserts. It's easy to make -- they don't call it "simple" for nothing!
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 quart filtered or distilled water
- ½ lb granulated sugar
- 2 oz freshly squeezed orange juice (about 3 medium oranges)
- 2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 3 medium lemons)
- Boil the water and sugar, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool the syrup.
- Add the lemon and orange juices, then chill the syrup.